WE HAVE A NEW DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC PROGRAMS!
Destination South Meetings and Events is delighted to announce the addition of our new Director of Strategic Programs, Michele Stokan Sanders! An Atlanta native, Michele brings her in-depth knowledge of the city as well as hospitality and event logistics to the team. Prior to joining Destination South, Michele worked with Momentum Worldwide – immersed in brand communications, production and events for UPS. She also gained valuable experience as the Sales and Marketing Coordinator at IMG on the SEC account, working closely with high-profile sponsors as well as managing brand promotions at each of the sports championships events. With a love for travel and being a die-hard sports fan, Michele is a perfect fit for the Destination South team!
Says Managing Director, Cynthia Alford, “Our presence continues to increase as a leading producer of meetings and events, making it necessary to add someone to our team with exceptional experience and knowledge of the industry and market. Michele is that person and we are so excited to have her on board.”
Fun Facts About Michele:
- As a pre-teen, she participated in Atlanta’s Opening and Closing Ceremonies for the 1996 Olympics
- Recently married, Michelle and her husband have traveled to 24 different states over the past two years
- Obsessed with penguins, she recently participated in the behind-the-scenes penguin program at the Georgia Aquarium
- Pinterest is responsible for feeding Michele’s passion for cooking and trying new recipes
- Three to four televisions set up in the livingroom to watch weekend sports is commonplace at her home
- Always up for an adventure, Michele enjoys trying new restaurants and crossing places and activities off her “Atlanta bucket list”
Join us in welcoming Michele to the team by connecting with her at email@example.com